Every product we characteristic has been independently chosen and reviewed by our editorial group. When you make a purchase order utilizing the hyperlinks included, we could earn fee.
RoadRunner Auto Transport is an auto delivery dealer identified for its affordability and big selection of providers. However with so many automotive transport choices out there, is RoadRunner Auto Transport the best automotive shipper in your wants?
Our group reviewed one of the best automotive delivery firms within the trade primarily based on fame, prices, providers, and buyer expertise. See how RoadRunner Auto Transport stacks up towards the competitors, or click on beneath to begin getting free quotes from our high advisable suppliers.
About RoadRunner Auto Transport
Headquartered in Bethpage, New York, RoadRunner Auto Transport is a completely licensed, bonded, and insured dealer. Auto delivery brokers join prospects with auto carriers from their delivery community and negotiate costs on their shoppers’ behalf. RoadRunner Auto Transport at present works with 14,000 carriers nationwide.
The corporate primarily ships vehicles, leisure autos (RVs), and boats. It gives delivery providers together with open and enclosed transport, door-to-door supply, real-time monitoring, and Hawaii automotive delivery. The auto dealer gives primary legal responsibility protection for all automotive shipments.
RoadRunner Auto Transport is just not as extremely considered different automotive delivery firms. It holds an unaccredited D+ score from the Higher Enterprise Bureau (BBB), with buyer complaints targeted on unreliable buyer assist and last-minute scheduling issues with carriers.
RoadRunner Auto Transport Execs:
- Reasonably priced pricing
- Primary legal responsibility protection
- Actual-time monitoring providers
- Ships to all U.S. states and the Caribbean
RoadRunner Auto Transport Cons:
- Many damaging buyer evaluations
- No terminal-to-terminal delivery
RoadRunner Auto Transport Value
RoadRunner Auto Transport’s costs are inexpensive for many of its automotive delivery providers. The preliminary quote you obtain is an estimate of what you may anticipate to pay to move your automotive. Primarily based on automotive delivery quotes we acquired, RoadRunner Auto Transport costs $1,300 on common for a 1,500-mile journey.
Listed below are a number of pattern costs we collected to ship an operable 2018 SUV:
- Open transport, 1,500 miles: $1,035
- Enclosed transport, 1,500 miles: $1,604
RoadRunner Auto Transport doesn’t cost you till the day your car is scheduled for pickup. You may pay by bank card, digital funds switch, postal cash order, or verify.
What Impacts the Prices of Auto Transport?
With regards to automotive delivery with RoadRunner Auto Transport, there are a number of key elements that affect prices, together with:
- Miles traveled: Cross-country shipments could have higher charges per mile than shipments touring shorter distances, however they’re going to price extra general.
- Transport service: Enclosed automotive transports are dearer than open transports on account of provider availability. Door-to-door shipments, that are the one sort this auto dealer gives, are additionally extra expensive than terminal-to-terminal shipments as a result of your automotive is delivered proper to your private home.
- Transport seasonality: It’s dearer to ship your automotive in case your supply date is in the summertime or January on account of increased demand.
- Provider competitors: The extra competitors between automotive provider bids, the decrease the delivery prices.
- Automobile operability: Inoperable autos take extra time and sources to maneuver, making them dearer to ship.
- Automobile dimension: Automobiles with decrease clearance may have to make use of enclosed transport as an alternative of open transport, that means it’s costlier to ship.
Roadrunner Auto Transport Companies
RoadRunner Auto Transport presents auto delivery providers in all 50 states and the Caribbean. Transport choices by means of RoadRunner embrace:
- Open car transport: That is the most typical low-cost automotive delivery technique, although your car is uncovered to the weather throughout transport.
- Enclosed transport: This selection is dearer than open car transport, nevertheless it protects your automotive from inclement climate and street particles.
- Door-to-door delivery: With this car delivery technique, your automotive is picked up and delivered as near your private home as attainable.
- Hawaii auto delivery: You may have your automotive shipped to or from any of the principle Hawaiian ports and have it picked up from or delivered to your private home on the mainland.
- Alaska auto delivery: Automotive shipments are despatched to and from Alaskan ports as soon as per week, with supply out there to your private home within the decrease 48 states.
- Caribbean auto delivery: RoadRunner Auto Transport providers ports within the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, the Virgin Islands, Guatemala, Haiti, St. Maarten, and extra islands.
- Actual-time monitoring: The auto transport firm presents real-time monitoring, so you may see how far your automotive is from being delivered.
RoadRunner Auto Transport gives outsized transportation for RVs and boats of any dimension. It additionally permits you to place private belongings inside your trunk throughout transport, although they can not weigh greater than 100 kilos.
Easy methods to Ship a Automotive with RoadRunner Auto Transport
Since RoadRunner Auto Transport is an auto delivery dealer, you will want to offer your car’s data so it could actually join you with a provider. To get a quote, you will want your automotive’s:
- Beginning location and vacation spot
- 12 months, make, and mannequin
- Cargo date
The auto dealer will offer you an immediate automotive delivery quote utilizing these particulars. You may then talk about a pickup and dropoff date with the corporate, which can affirm provider availability. On the day of supply, the provider will drop off your car at your private home, and you may signal a invoice of touchdown to substantiate the supply.
RoadRunner Auto Transport Opinions
RoadRunner Auto Transport evaluations are largely damaging. The corporate holds a 2.25 out of 5-star score on the BBB with about 130 buyer evaluations. The auto dealer has fielded and responded to almost 80 complaints throughout the previous yr.
RoadRunner additionally holds related scores on Trustpilot. Though solely two prospects have weighed in, the corporate has a rating of two.9 out of 5.0 stars. Buyer complaints steadily point out points with customer support and provider availability.
Just a few optimistic evaluations do exist on RoadRunner Auto Transport’s BBB web page. Clients primarily spotlight the auto dealer’s handy scheduling and real-time monitoring system.
To offer you a greater understanding of the client expertise, listed below are a number of examples of optimistic and damaging evaluations:
Optimistic RoadRunner Auto Transport Opinions
“We had been relocating from New Jersey to Texas and wanted to move my SUV. RoadRunner was great! I believe one of the best half was the communication and the flexibility to view into the client portal for the standing of my automotive the whole course of. I’d advocate this firm.”
Shanna through BBB
“RoadRunner made it quite simple to move my pickup truck throughout the nation. I spent a couple of minutes on the telephone offering particulars, and inside minutes they’d a driver scheduled. Each the pickup and supply occurred on the scheduled dates, and the truck arrived secure and sound.”
Paul through BBB
Destructive RoadRunner Auto Transport Opinions
“Don’t use them! Terrible customer support and [they] canceled my cargo with out telling me however nonetheless charged me. I am at present going by means of the refund course of. After canceling my cargo, my telephone quantity was blocked and I used to be unable to get in touch with anybody on the firm.”
– Lauren through BBB
“Horrible customer support, worst name expertise ever. I made a decision to not go together with them.”
Mike through Trustpilot
Ultimate Ideas on RoadRunner Auto Transport: 3.5 Stars
We give RoadRunner Auto Transport a 3.5 out of 5.0-star score. The automotive delivery firm presents aggressive charges in contrast with different suppliers and has a wide range of providers. Whereas its damaging buyer evaluations are considerably regarding, take into account that these replicate solely a small share of RoadRunner’s buyer base, so you could have a extra optimistic expertise.
RoadRunner Auto Transport Rankings:
- Popularity: 3.0
- Value: 4.0
- Companies: 4.5
- Buyer expertise: 2.5
- Total score: 3.5
High Suggestions for Automotive Transport
With regards to automotive delivery, it is at all times a good suggestion to get quotes from a number of auto transport firms earlier than you make any selections. Whereas RoadRunner Auto Transport gives good providers and inexpensive costs, we advocate contemplating uShip and Sherpa Auto Transport as properly.
uShip: Finest Auto Transport Market
uShip is completely different from different automotive transport firms as a result of it doesn’t act as a conventional dealer or provider. As an alternative, it serves as a market the place carriers compete for what you are promoting. The corporate at present has over 41,000 carriers in its community that present providers nationwide. uShip holds an A+ score from the BBB and a 4.5 out of 5.0-star score.
Study extra in regards to the firm in our uShip evaluation, or get a free quote by clicking beneath.
Finest Auto Transport Market
Sherpa Auto Transport: Finest for Locked-In Costs
Sherpa Auto Transport is a licensed auto dealer praised by reviewers for its locked-in costs. With Sherpa Auto Transport, you will not pay greater than the quantity you are quoted, due to the corporate’s Value Lock Promise. The auto dealer presents many providers, together with open, enclosed, and door-to-door supply throughout 48 states (Hawaii and Alaska are excluded).
Finest for Locked-In Costs
Sherpa Auto Transport
Often Requested Questions
Is RoadRunner Auto Transport a professional firm?
Sure, RoadRunner Auto Transport is a professional auto dealer connecting prospects with carriers. The corporate at present works with over 14,000 carriers who present providers all through the U.S. and Caribbean.
What’s one of the best auto transport firm to make use of?
When you’re seeking to ship your automotive, it is vital to decide on the best auto transport firm in your wants. We have reviewed the 5 finest automotive delivery firms primarily based on fame, buyer expertise, and providers. To search out the best choice for you, it helps to match quotes from a number of suppliers.
What is the most cost-effective solution to transport a automotive?
One of many most cost-effective methods to move your automotive is thru open-transport, terminal-to-terminal auto delivery. We have narrowed down the highest 4 most inexpensive firms to select from.
How can I ship my automotive to a different state?
When you’re seeking to transport your automotive to a different state, the very first thing you must do is discover a respected automotive delivery firm. We advocate getting automotive delivery quotes on-line from a number of auto delivery firms to search out the worth and providers that work finest in your state of affairs.
Auto delivery scores are primarily based on a complete comparability between each main automotive transport firm within the trade. We charge suppliers primarily based on price, out there providers, firm fame, and the client expertise. Every auto transporter receives scores in these particular person classes and an general rating out of 5.0 stars.
To formulate rankings, our evaluation group considers an organization’s choices in comparison with opponents, scores from specialists just like the Higher Enterprise Bureau, and buyer evaluations. We additionally acquire pattern quotes throughout a wide range of delivery routes, distances, and transport varieties to measure pricing towards the trade common.