MAN Cryo, a part of MAN Vitality Options and a number one skilled within the subject of storage and dealing with of LNG and pure fuel, has introduced the signing of a contract with Yantai CIMC Raffles Shipyard for the supply of the fuel-gas provide programs (FGSSs) to a brand new sequence of two dual-fuel, 6,500 pure automobile carriers for Wallenius Marine on constitution to Volkswagen.
Henrik Malm, Managing Director at MAN Vitality Options, Sweden and Finland, mentioned “This represents yet one more world-first for MAN Cryo the place the boil-off fuel can be despatched to the low methane-slip ME-GI by way of a high-pressure, boil-off-gas compressor. Because of the put in shaft generator, this additional reduces the working hours on the auxiliary engines.”
The scope of supply contains the next:
• port- and starboard-side bunkering stations
• LNG storage tank with a quantity of two,300 m3
• tank connection house with low-pressure vaporizer, BOG heater and two LNG pumps
• high-pressure gas-handling gear for supply of fuel to MAN B&W ME-GI two-stroke fundamental engine
• boil-off fuel (BOG) administration system, together with one high-pressure compressor
• ·on-board nitrogen-generation system
• management system in addition to gas-detection system.
• The FGSSs for the vessels can be delivered throughout 2023.
Supply: MAN Cryo